SEE HAWAII WORK
Your staff, when trained and incorporated into your unique company culture, are your strongest business assets. Supporting Employment Empowerment (SEE) is an innovative program available to Hawaii’s employers to assist them with their recruiting needs. Here’s how it works:
- Employers can advertise job openings with the SEE program.
- Once a job opening is known, a SEE employment specialist will contact the employer to discuss the specific qualifications, skills and qualities of the job. SEE staff are qualified, educated and experienced in human resources and human services.
- The SEE program will send prescreened SEE applicants that meet the needs the employer has specified for the employer to interview.
- SEE applicants are available for immediate hire; there is no waiting period or processes that SEE requires prior to meeting the employer’s hiring needs. SEE applicants can be placed in vacant positions, or in newly created positions.
- SEE employees can be hired for part-time or full-time positions, ranging between 24 to 40 hours per week.
Reimbursements & Benefits
- Employers will be reimbursed the current Hawaii State Minimum Wage plus $.50 for each additional $1.00 per hour paid over the minimum wage up to $12.00 per hour, for no more than 40 hours per week. Employers will also be reimbursed an additional fourteen percent (14%) of the subsidized wages to cover training and employment related expenses, such as Unemployment Insurance, Workers Compensation and FICA.
- Reimbursement can be provided for up to 6 months, allowing the SEE employee to learn all facets of the job.
- Employers will provide other benefits it offers their employees in similar positions, such as paid vacation, paid sick leave and the prevailing industry wage.
- Medical insurance may be provided by the State for the SEE employee for the length of the agreement.
- Employers who assist the SEE employee with transportation to and from work can be reimbursed at a negotiated amount up to $200.00 per month.
- Streamlined paperwork will allow employers to use the SEE program with little time commitment on their parts. Employers’ SEE reimbursement invoices will be processed within 15 business days receipt.
The Team Approach to Ensure Success
- A SEE staff member will work with the SEE employee, providing individualized coaching as the SEE employee learns their new job.
- A SEE staff member will indiviually service and support each company to ensure ease and accessibility to services.
- Goodwill’s experienced team has successfully placed over 2,900 people into SEE jobs statewide; working closely with over 1,100 local employers.