What NOT to Donate
Are there any items Goodwill does NOT accept?
Sometimes we have to say, “No, thank you.” Some items cost more to transport, repair or refurbish than they can be sold for in our stores, taking money from our mission. Others are not recyclable or contain hazardous waste, and present potential safety issues. Our donation attendants may decline a donation if, in their judgment, it is not in clean, saleable condition. We appreciate your kokua.
All Manufacturer-Recalled Products
- Gas-Powered Lawn Mowers
- Car Parts, Tires, Wheels
- Wall-to-Wall Carpeting & Padding House Fixtures
- Toilets &Toilet Seats
- Non-Framed Mirrors
- Halogen Lamps
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Rusty Metal Desks & Cabinets
- Tool Sheds
- Outdoor Swing Sets
- Beds, Mattresses, Box Springs
- Cleaning Products
- Compressed Air/Gas Containers (including SCUBA tanks)
- Contact your local Transfer Station for disposal information.
- Major Appliances – Stoves, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Water Heaters, TVs, Fax Machines, Copy Machines,Vacuum Cleaners (acceptable if dust bag has been removed)
- Exercise Machines
It’s best to call (808) 836-WORK (9675) to double-check the acceptability of questionable items.