What to Donate?
What donations does Goodwill need the most?
Goodwill Industries is looking for any of the following items that are in clean, saleable condition:
- Women’s, men’s and children’s clothing
- Kitchen and household items
- Dishes, pots & pans, cooking & serving containers
- Shoes and boots
- Linens and domestic items
- Stuffed animals
“Clean and saleable” means you would give it to a good friend. There are exceptions regarding certain items. Please call (808) 836-WORK (9675) for additional information.
Are there any items Goodwill does not accept?
Goodwill cannot use or cannot accept and therefore declines donations of the following items:
All Manufacturer-Recalled Products
- Gas-Powered Lawn Mowers
- Car Parts, Tires, Wheels
- Wall-to-Wall Carpeting & Padding House Fixtures
- Toilets &Toilet Seats
- Non-Framed Mirrors
- Halogen Lamps Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Rusty Metal Desks & Cabinets
- Tool Sheds
- Outdoor Swing Sets
- Beds, Mattresses, Box Springs
- Baby Car Seats
- High Chairs
- Cleaning Products
- Compressed Air/Gas Containers (including SCUBA tanks)
- Contact your local Transfer Station for disposal information.
- Major Appliances – Stoves, Refrigerators, Washers, Dryers, Water Heaters, TVs, Fax Machines, Copy Machines,Vacuum Cleaners (acceptable if dust bag has been removed)
- Exercise Machines
- VCR & DVD Players (not accepted in Hilo only)
- Stereos & Speakers (not accepted in Hilo only)
- Telephones & Cell Phones (not accepted in Hilo only)
- Gaming Consoles & Electronic Game Cartridges (not accepted in Hilo only)